Raquel has worked in the field of Intellectual Property Law since 2013, when she started her career as an intern at a Brazilian IP Law firm.
Since then, she has worked not only as a trademark lawyer but also as a consultant to SMEs interested in defending their IP rights.
Among her duties at Dennemeyer are the following:
- Protect, and manage clients’ valuable trademarks and designs
- Search and advise on availability and use of trademarks—rendering clearance opinions
- File and prosecute applications to register trademarks in Brazil
- Prosecute all maintenance matters and renew existing registrations
- Build, maintain, and manage international portfolios through an established and reliable network of foreign associates
- Prosecute and defend proceedings before the Brazilian PTO (such as Appeals, Oppositions, Forfeiture Actions, and etc)
- Analyze the weekly published Official Bulletin by the Brazilian PTO to indentify possible colisions between the published
trademarks and the trademarks from the clients.
Raquel Franco Apulchro Miranda de Sá
English, French and Portuguese.
Area of expertise:
trademarks, designs, contracts, strategy and counseling, IP transactions, IP portfolio management