Managing Director Dennemeyer & Associates Brazil
Claudio Szabas, co-founder and former partner of ASPEBY-SZABAS Industrial Property, has over 30 years experience in providing legal guidance in the obtainment and enforcement of patents, trademarks and designs in Brazil and other Latin American countries. With a technical background in industrial controls and electronic engineering by the Universidad Tecnológica Nacional of Argentina and IP related courses in Germany like Einführung in die Gentechnologie und Schutz mikrobiologischer Erfindungen (Introduction into Genetic Technology and Protection of Microbiological Inventions), he is registered to practice with the Brazilian PTO (INPI) and to act before the IPEA’s on behalf of BR PCT applicants.
Claudio Szabas worked for the engineering department of AEG Telefunken and Siemens in Argentina and in Brazil with Johnson Controls’ branch, an automation consulting firm representing US control device manufacturers merging products, engineering services and innovative technology.
Technical field includes automation and control engineering, telecom engineering, green technologies, medical devices, biotechnology.
Claudio Szabas has been active in IP associations such as AIPLA, AIPPI, VPP, GRUR and APAA.
Contact Brazil offices | Phone numbers: +55 21 98171 7076 (direct) / +55 21 2215 9550
Claudio Szabas speaks English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.
Qualifications & authorizations
- M.Sc. in Industrial Controls and Electronic Engineering
Awards & memberships
- Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year - Lawyer Monthly, Legal Awards 2016
- IP License Agreements in Brazil Fencing in Brazilian PTO’s intervention- AIPLA Annual Meeting, Washington, DC., October 16, 2009
- PCT-National Phase Entries in Brazil after the 30-Month Time Limit - IPO COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER, July 2009
- Issues and Practice Tips for International Prosecution, Incoming and Outgoing on Brazil - AIPLA 2011 Annual Meeting - October 22, 2011
- INPI Today Facts and Figures - IPO COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER, July 2010
- Pharmaceutical Related Patent Examination Changes the Decision To “Create An Unhealthy Patent”? - IPO COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER, December 2012
- Description Sufficiency in Brazil - IPO COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER, August 2011
- Practice Tips for Patent Prosecution in Brazil - IPO COMMITTEE NEWSLETTER, April 2012