Future-proofing your business by empowering Intellectual Property
We want to be your number one thought partner for IP and innovation.
We assess and benchmark your IP management practices and show you how to improve and be more efficient.
Identify technological trends and white spots in IP protection, and then develop market-driven products.
Discover technologies that are worth spending your money and efforts on, and find a fair monetary value for them, according to current norms and standards.
We develop an exhaustive radar of infringement risks and opportunities and design mitigation strategies.
We believe a comprehensive business model must be optimized for three dimensions.
How we shape your IP excellence
There is only one thing more expensive than investing in IP excellence: not doing it.
Whether your organization is active in a rapidly changing sector or mainly deals with mature and proven technologies, Dennemeyer Consulting can help you get the most out of your Intellectual Property.
Our holistic approach to creative and sustainable IP management is based on your strategy, organization and process landscape. Our consultants, with their management and industry experience and in combination with the outstanding IP knowledge of the global Dennemeyer Group, act as your thought partner to help you reach IP excellence.
What to achieve? How to move forward? Where and when to act?
Dennemeyer’s IP Strategy service delivers answers to the basic but most pressing questions. Firstly, we help you understand your company’s corporate strategy in terms of IP. Secondly, we adjust your IP strategy accordingly to create the most value out of your intellectual assets.
Why are we here? What do we want to achieve? It often helps to have a thought partner to discuss and find answers to those questions.
How will we reach our strategic goals? An IP strategy adds significant value if it indicates a clear direction. We support you by defining the way, the milestones and the indicators to measure progress and success.
How can we achieve our IP goals? An effective strategy also needs to identify the capabilities, capacities and efforts you need to succeed.
What methodology would work for us? We develop realistic IP strategies, perfectly anchored in your everyday business activity.
Sailing through stormy weather without any fixed points can be tough.
Dennemeyer ensures that your company does not lose itself within your industry’s competitive landscape. Our benchmarking offers a robust estimation of technology values, market position and scope for improvement.
Assessing your IP portfolio and comparing it with your present and future competitors will give you more than just a transparent overview. We help you discover trends and developments that you do not yet have on your radar.
Stay ahead of the S-curve! We dissect your technology into its sub-components and run a comprehensive IP assessment for each element.
By analyzing your patent portfolio, we can tell you which of your IP assets and technologies can benefit from digitalization and help prepare them for the digital age.
By performing a thorough analysis of your IP portfolio, we find opportunities in potential market gaps and generate relevant revenues.
How can you be a front-runner without knowing what is around you?
It is not only about counting IPRs per country but analyzing facts and interpreting results for intelligent business decisions.
Our specialists scan your technology and product portfolio and the related IP landscape to discover possible infringement situations. That way, we provide you with potential licensing or enforcement options in case your IPR is infringed, while also advising on mitigation strategies if you infringe third parties’ IPR.
We offer in-depth research about current and future technology trends as a basis for your decision-making process.
Stay updated on how relevant market players position their IPRs in relation to their business architecture. It could be time to react.
We offer professional database scanning to detect new competitors that are active within your industry or will enter your industry.
Knowing where you stand makes it easier to improve.
A systematic review of how well an IP department performs should be mandatory for any company.
Independent and impartial, we prepare an insightful, well-documented and objective report on your IP performance, also compared to other players in the field, and, if desired, conforming to DIN 77006.
We designed an elaborate methodology covering all aspects and areas of an IP function to determine the present state of your IP department as well as the degree of collaboration with other business units.
In the course of the IP Performance Assessment, our specialists can detect critical areas for improvement so that you can focus on your priorities.
We focus on providing achievable recommendations that produce meaningful results.
In times of peace, prepare for war.
Depending on the jurisdiction, the costs for IP disputes can skyrocket. Every company must know whether they are at risk of infringing third parties’ IPRs and if their core business is properly protected by IPRs.
We will create an independent and unbiased overview of how much of your revenue is protected by IPRs, identify protection gaps and related internal IP risks.
Through elaborated IPR research and analyses, we will give an estimation of potential revenue losses when being at risk of infringing third parties' IPRs.
As a part of the assessment, we will deliver recommendations for how to mitigate identified internal and external IP risks.
Strive for IP excellence.
We make sure that your IP organization and your processes become a profit center instead of a cost center.
After a merger, company transformation, restructuring exercise or business model alignment, we help you optimize your IP organization with the appropriate set-up, structure and capacity.
The expertise of the world’s largest IP full-service provider enables us to map, improve and customize your IP-related processes according to your exact needs.
We help you optimize the operating model for your IP through the right mix of collaboration with third parties, in- and outsourcing, and the use of tools.
Carefully handle the main levers of your IP management. We help you find the right way to lead your IP department.
Leveraging IP to foster innovation.
IP can drive innovation and R&D into lucrative directions. Use it to add new valences or overcome former restrictions.
Our experts have a proven track record from diverse backgrounds when it comes to IP identification, creation and workshop moderation.
With our comprehensive toolset of different creative techniques and approaches, we make sure to select the one that suits your organization and objectives best.
Where do you want to go? What do customers expect? What are your competitors doing? We will help you define an innovation roadmap to guide you into the future.
IP creation should follow a streamlined process. Our experts identify your needs and support you in its design with the help of proven approaches, such as stage-gate-processes, roadmaps or agile processes.
What is a fair value for IP assets?
No matter if it is for management-oriented purposes, transfers or planned cooperation, when it comes to putting a price tag on an IP portfolio, external valuation know-how is vital to obtain an objective result, also conform to DIN 77100.
We valuate your IP portfolio so that you have a better understanding of your company’s internal values and how to proceed strategically.
In case of an IP transfer activity, e.g., an M&A project, you will have full negotiation power based on our IP valuation service’s accurate assessments of your target’s IP portfolio.
Our IP valuation service focuses on client’s conditions, valuation concepts and models to provide customized reports, unblemished by biased thinking or investigation.
The IP valuation service can give you a fully-customized report on legal aspects, market value, future technology orientation and more.
Inorganic growth - Where to invest?
Depending on the goals of an M&A operation, valid and impartial information about possible candidates and the value of their IP assets is essential for influencing prices in M&A negotiations and getting a clear picture of the target company.
Depending on what you want to achieve through an acquisition, we can assist in finding proper targets.
We can conduct more in-depth analyses to shortlist selected targets and get one step closer to finding the ideal M&A target.
What is your prospect target’s IP situation? Are there any risks associated with IP? What is the fair value of your target’s IPRs? Our experts provide you with an unbiased and impartial view of your target’s IP situation.
We at Dennemeyer employ experts who assist you in the approach of and the negotiations with your high priority targets to ensure you get the most out of your M&A deal.
What sets us apart?
We work in an open, creative and trustworthy manner. Our unique combination of extensive Intellectual Property, industry and business expertise fosters your IP excellence.
Years of personal experience in Intellectual Property
Our diverse and skilled international team of IP experts from different fields, complemented by a strong expert network, enables us to cover all functional topics related to IP, globally.
Management and business functions represented and industries covered by our team
We have an excellent understanding of your challenges since our consultants have diverse and multidisciplinary academic backgrounds and covered industry positions, e.g., Global Head of Innovation, Technology and IP, before joining Dennemeyer.
Points out of 5 on client satisfaction honor our working mode
Close collaboration and knowledge transfer in joint client-consultant teams, paired with high-quality, reliable and pragmatic solutions, are of utmost importance for us to jointly develop your strategic IP roadmap towards IP excellence.
Proven approaches and tools at our disposal
Powerful tools, such as our artificial intelligence solution Octimine for worldwide semantic patent and innovation research, help us to help you in reaching even the most ambitious IP goals.
Examples of our work
"Technology Landscape for innovation and litigation"
"IP department’s organization optimization"
"2nd follower wants to become Innovation Leader"
"Monetary valuation of an Intangible Asset portfolio for investment purposes"
Aviation and Defense Industry
"IP Creation & innovation Program for civil aviation industry"
- Results & Benefits
- The client is a leading player in live video streaming services in the adult entertainment industry
- Constantly improving its online streaming platform, the client recently faced litigation threats by US players
- As a response, the client intended to secure its core software developments via international patent protection
- To do so, the client first intended to gain insights into the ambient patenting activity, litigation events and innovativeness levels of its competitors for selected technologies
- Using a custom questionnaire, a technology matrix was built in cooperation with the client’s subject-matter experts, reflecting the client’s priority technology and R&D areas
- For each of the technology matrix elements, patent search queries were developed and improved in multiple iteration rounds of results revision
- Final patent search results were imported into Dennemeyer’s IP analysis tool in order to generate the insights, to perform selected analytics and to highlight certain innovative patents
Results & Benefits
- Within three weeks, the client obtained a comprehensive technology matrix that is fully searchable (e.g. status, litigation events, assignee) and that reveals where which patent belongs to with respect to technology
- With the report, the client understands where the litigation risks are highest, and in which jurisdiction(s) it is most likely to occur
- Using key patent metrics, we identify technology leaders and cutting-edge inventions that inform the client on the level of innovativeness required for patenting
- Analyzing technology trends and key applicants, the client is made aware of what its innovation efforts should focus on and potential cooperation partners from neighboring industries
- Results & Benefits
- The client is a SME (small or medium enterprise) in the household appliances sector
- Due to a strategic reorientation the number of invention disclosures and applications increased significantly
- Organizational structure, operational procedures and capacity distribution needed to be adjusted in the most effective and efficient manner
- Smart home related developments required the IP department to rethink its service offers and current tasks
All IP department employees, company internal customers and stakeholders were involved in a design thinking approach to jointly develop the future IP department and to define the necessary measures to reach it, based on a current situation analysis; the following questions have been answered:
- Are we conducting the right tasks in the right way?
- What does the internal customer demand with respect to solutions and working habits?
- Is the IP department structured in the right way and equipped with sufficient capacity and competence to fulfill the future tasks?
Results & Benefits
- An objectified picture on the current situation within the IP department and the internal customer requirements
- The IP department’s future ambition based on a creativity workshop
- An objectified description of the client-specific, realistic best situation that is possible to be reached
- A catalogue of measures to reach the desired status focusing on efficiency, effectiveness and IP awareness
- Additionally the awareness for IP has been strengthened within the entire company
- Results & Benefits
- The client is a global player in the medical technology with a second follower strategy. This strategy has been changed and the company planned to become the innovation leader in their industry sector.
- The IP department acted as a mostly reactive supporting function not being responsible for all company divisions and with insufficient resources to become more active
- The client asked Dennemeyer for an unbiased view on its own IP function to answer the questions
- Is the IP thinking and strategy up to date and how is the strategic fit to innovation lead ambitions?
- Where are strengths and weaknesses?
- Dennemeyer applied its IP performance assessment approach consisting of three major steps
- IP base data analysis: Statistical analysis of patent portfolio with respect to basic patent characteristics
- IP audit: Interview based assessment covering > 350 questions clustered in 6-10 dimensions
- X-Assessment: Compares internal (IP department) and external perspective (cross-functional)
Results & Benefits
- The client received a clear and in depth audit result providing
- Strengths and weaknesses of the IP function in comparison to industry best practices (benchmark)
- Areas of improvement with concrete measures to overcome weaknesses
- Transparent and objective report to communicate need for resources and greater organizational integration
- 8-10 initiatives how to lead the transformation with relevant effects for the organization
- Results & Benefits
- The client is an investment company headquartered in the UK
- The potential investment target is a research-driven company in the battery technology sector with multiple IP rights seeking a loan by pledging their IP portfolio as collateral
- The IP portfolio has been valuated by the target’s IP law firm, but the investor seeks an objective and independent IP valuation
- Within two work packages Dennemeyer consultants independently valuated the trademark and technical IP rights portfolio
- Due to the valuation objective an income based valuation approach with a Relief-from-Royalty method was applied
- In close collaboration with the target company legal, technical and market valuation factors were assessed to value the patent portfolio based on a reliable business case
Results & Benefits
- Dennemeyer provided an objective valuation on the target’s IP portfolio as an independent assessor
- The client was very satisfied with the transparent valuation approach and got a clear view on:
- The monetary value of the IP Portfolio and each single IPR
- Strengths and weaknesses of the IP portfolio in comparison to the technological competition
- Thus, the client is enabled to make an informed investment decision with a better understanding of the target’s actual value, associated risks and technology landscape
- Results & Benefits
- The client is a player in the civil aviation industry
- The company was seeking for not yet protected technologies and new solutions in their key technology areas of interest
- The client asked Dennemeyer to identify new technologies with high potential for patent generation
- The client asked Dennemeyer to create and draft these patents and to coordinate an IPR Strategy development
Dennemeyer applied a four phases – each project phase contributed to the objective: generate new technologies and patent applications
- Phase 1: Definition and selection of the key technology of interest for the company
- Phase 2: IP Creation Process to empower the joint teams in five workshop steps to solve problems faster, to improve technologies and to create higher technology and patent values
- Phase 3 & 4: Patent application drafting and IP Strategy development to optimize technology protection and to leverage the business model
Results & Benefits
Dennemeyer provided a comprehensive IP Creation & Innovation workshop series:
- Existing technologies have been analyzed and improved
- New technologies have been defined, novelty has been assessed and possible inventions have been developed
- Patent applications have been placed
- A 360° protection strategy has been set up and the business model has been adapted
Meet your IP experts
A selection of our consultants
We apply our unique combination of Intellectual Property, industry and business expertise. Our Dennemeyer Consulting team members leverage their experience and personality to act as your thought partner.
Over 75 years of personal experience in IP
Altogether, our IP consultants have accumulated over 75 years of professional experience in IP. From IP strategy over to IP intelligence, IP valuation and IP enforcement, we cover the entire lifecycle of IP.
Senior Manager – strategy and transformations
Brigitte is your partner for strategic, organization, operations and transformation management in IP excellence.
Brigitte is your partner for strategic, organization, operations and transformation management in IP...
Senior Manager — technology, innovation and valuation
Philipp will help you achieve excellence status as your partner for strategic, technology, innovation and IP business architecture challenges. Monetary valuation projects and due diligences round off his profile.
Philipp will help you achieve excellence status as your partner for strategic, technology,...
Senior Manager — IP excellence, strategy and operations
Burkhard will help you achieve strategic and operational excellence for IP by applying proven strategies and concepts using long industry experience on an executive level.
Burkhard will help you achieve strategic and operational excellence for IP by applying proven...
Manager — IP risk and infringement analysis
With an extensive track record in international IP enforcement and strategies, Alexander helps you detect and mitigate IP risks, but also explore opportunities deriving from potential IPR conflicts.
With an extensive track record in international IP enforcement and strategies, Alexander helps you...
Dr. Sven Gensler
Manager — strategy, technology and innovation
Sven is passionate about helping clients drive forward their innovativeness and excel in their IP management.
Sven is passionate about helping clients drive forward their innovativeness and excel in their IP...
Dr. Cornelia Peuser
Senior Consultant — innovation economics
Cornelia helps you gain insights into your technological and competitive environment and stay ahead of the curve.
Cornelia helps you gain insights into your technological and competitive environment and stay ahead...
Consultant — innovation and strategy
With a passion for technology and Intellectual Property, Linus assists you with IPR data analytics as well as concept creation.
With a passion for technology and Intellectual Property, Linus assists you with IPR data analytics...
Analyst — strategy and legal
Salomé draws on her IP law experience to support you with regards to legal assessment, IPR analytics and IP strategy development.
Salomé draws on her IP law experience to support you with regards to legal assessment, IPR analytics...
Is IP more than the protection of my inventions or brands?
Yes, IP is a powerful instrument to gain insights into competitors, markets, industry and technology trends and provides a wealth of information to drive your strategy formulation.
Who are my competitors, and in which direction do they develop?
Accurately interpreted IPR data offers a magnitude of insights about the existing and upcoming players in the competitive arena and enables you to detect their strategic movements even before they are announced.
How can IP predict future technological trends?
IP data, when carefully analyzed, is key to detecting developments even before the markets become aware of them. Thorough analytics help to identify upcoming trends and to detect topics that have outlived their value.
How can IP contribute to our objective of putting the customer at the center of our development?
Shifting from technology-driven to customer demand-driven innovation requires a similar development for your IP strategy. On the other hand, you apply IPR insights as a driving force to move toward technology or product “white spots” on the market.
How can we identify potential buyers or licensees that would be interested in our IP?
With a good research strategy, IPRs enable the understanding and identification of market players and trends in specific sectors, thus detecting interested parties.
How can my company become an innovation leader?
You will reach innovation leadership by using your innovation assets as driving forces and adopting a customer - and market-driven IP strategy.
We see a lack of innovation, how can IP help to fill the gap?
Structured approaches such as well-prepared IP creation workshops prompt a fast and focused development, thus triggering the evolution from a following to a leading innovation position.
How can we improve innovation and R&D within our company?
Use IP to inspire the generation of new IP assets and additional value from existing IPRs, as well as predicting trends and entering new markets.
How can we justify expenses for IP?
IP management costs arise when you create, protect and maintain intangible assets. Vice versa, IP assets are a source of revenue either directly through license royalties or indirectly by securing market share, margins and reputation, thus offsetting IP costs.
How can I identify and overcome my IP management’s weaknesses?
IP performance assessments are an excellent approach to identifying means of improvement. Benchmarking exercises apply a sound basis of data, notably to determine the company’s IP management strengths and rectify weaknesses. Regularly, key performance indicators assess your company’s level of maturity in IP management and inventiveness.
How can we further develop our IP team?
Make clear what challenges your team is facing: Do you go for transformation and change, e.g., digitalization? Are you heading toward strategic IP developments, e.g., do you contribute actively to your company’s business? Is a transaction ahead or planned, e.g., searching for a potential partner, seller or buyer, integrating or demerging an IP portfolio? Depending on your situation, approaches such as awareness creation, coaching, training, adequate tool instruction or workflow improvement are required.
What tools are appropriate to support our IP management?
There is neither a “one tool fits all” nor a dominant solution in the market. Your users, your objectives and your requirements are the guiding principles for any selection.
Questions to consider when talking about empowering Intellectual Property
Questions and answers
As your thought partner in IP, we are dedicated to discussing your questions around IP.
Didn't find your answer?
Didn't find your answer?
Our clients’ opinions
In a joint project team with Dennemeyer Consulting, we developed our new patent strategy, organization, processes, resources and requirements for software tools. Today, I am proud that our implemented patent competence center passed several, even externally driven assessments, with the result that our patent management is up to date with no need to further improvement.
former Head of Patents at RWE
The approach that the Dennemeyer Consultants applied to audit our IP performance is clear and thoughtful. The results are reasonable and create a good base to head into the future.
Client’s Head of Strategy & Technology
After 10 years, we want to get an outside-in assessment on the achievements of our IP department and an orientation where we stand. The objectives were fully met with Dennemeyer’s support in the IP performance audit project. In addition we received valuable insights to our different business units’ needs and demands.
Client’s Head of IP Management/Patents
The improved exchange and mutual understanding within our team already made it worth working with Dennemeyer. The consultants tailored their approach very well to our situation and did a convincing job both on the personal and on the procedural level, so that the impact lasts far beyond the project end.
Partner, KEENWAY Patentanwälte Neumann Heine Taruttis PartG mbB
Get in touch
Any questions or requests? As your number one thought partner in IP, we are ready to support you in any matter in the world of Intellectual Property.
Send us a message
+49 89 5506690-0
Landaubogen 1-3, 81373 Munich
P.O. box: 70 04 25, 81304 Munich
Your message has been successfully sent.
Thank you for submitting the form! We will contact you shortly.