Partner at Dennemeyer & Associates South Africa
Robyn-Leigh Merry has experience in contentious and non-contentious IP matters. She holds a law degree (LLB) from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg and has a technical background in molecular and cellular biology. Robyn is registered to practice as a patent attorney before the South African Patent Office and as a notary public in the High Court of South Africa. From 2008 to 2014 Robyn worked in mainstream legal practice before taking an in-house position in technology transfer at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
Robyn-Leigh Merry speaks English and has been active in the field of IP since 2008.
Area of expertise: biology, designs, patents, copyrights, contracts, litigation
Qualifications & authorizations
- B.Sc. (Hons), Molecular and Cellular Biology
- LL.B. Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- South African Patent Attorney
- Notary Public
Awards & memberships
- Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Fellow of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL)