Patent Attorney (Japan)
European Patent Attorney
Kazuya Sekiguchi is a Japanese and European patent attorney, working at the Dennemeyer & Associates Munich office. He drafts patent/utility model applications, prepares responses to office actions, handles oppositions, and conducts appeals in front of the Japan Patent Office (JPO) and the European Patent Office (EPO).
He also handles Japanese Trademark matters, such as filing applications, oppositions, and cancellation trials in front of the JPO.
A qualified patent attorney for both the JPO and the EPO, he can handle Japanese and European cases directly and independently. Although several Japanese patent attorneys are working in Europe, there are only a few like Sekiguchi who can handle Japanese cases directly.
Kazuya Sekiguchi speaks English and Japanese and has been active in the field of IP since 2004.
Area of expertise: chemistry, biology, pharmaceuticals, patents
Qualifications & authorizations
- Master of Engineering (Applied Chemistry), Japan (欧州特許弁理士, 学位: 工学修士（応用化学専攻))
- Japanese Patent Attorney (弁理士（日本))
- European Patent Attorney (欧州特許弁理士)
- “Decision by the Grand Panel of the Intellectual Property High Court (IPHC) regarding "Product-by-Process claims” Mitteilungen der deutschen Patentanwälte, May 2012
- “The new opposition system and how it associates with the Japanese invalidation trial system” IPPro The Internet, Nov. 2014
- “Supreme Court of Japan ruling on “Product-by-Process claims” The Asian Patent Lawyer's Annual 2015
- “Restoration of IP rights in Japan” Intellectual Property Magazine, July/August 2016