Managing Director Dennemeyer & Associates UAE
Rechtsanwalt (German Lawyer), Avvocato (Italian Lawyer)
Admitted to the bar in Germany and Italy, Jan Wrede practiced IP law between 1996-2013 with two major Italian IP patent & law firms and, in 2014, he opened the Dennemeyer Dubai Office, focusing on IP in the whole MENA region. He is also registered Arbitrator with DIFC (Dubai), GCC CAC (Bahrain), KCAC (Kuwait) and SCCA (Saudi Arabia).
Between 1999-2008, Jan Wrede was a lecturer at the ETH Zurich Master in IP and still is a frequent speaker at IP conferences and universities.
Jan Wrede speaks English, German and Italian and has been active in the field of IP since 1996.
Area of expertise: IP portfolio management
Qualifications & authorizations
- German Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt)
- Italian Lawyer (Avvocato)
- Italian Trademark Lawyer (Consulente in Marchi)
- European Trademark and Design Attorney (EUIPO)
- Arbitrator (DIFC, GCCCAC, KCAC, SCCA)
Awards & memberships
- Member of INTA and ECTA committees
- Representative of ECTA before WIPO (2004-2011)
- Co-Author of Prof. Galli’s Commentary on Italian and European IP Law, chapter on the CTM (2010-2011)